Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Infomercials

Oddly deceptive.
Very intriguing.
Evil.

Those are a few words of the top of my head that I could use to describe infomercials. My family knows that about this time last year, with me not in school, and having the luxury to stay up until 5am, I watch a lot of infomercials. I also get sucked in by them. P90X is a good example. I must have watched that infomercial like 50 times! So when I finally coaxed my parents into forking up all of that money for it... I did it, what? Three times? Yeah. Thrice. And, boy, did those times feel good. I LOVE the way working out feels... About thirty minutes after I've done it. During it, however, I hate it. Absolutely hate it. But the point is, infomercials to me are like KFC potato bowls to a fat person - I can't stay away. I actually just watched an infomercial on another Beach Body product called Insanity. I practically had the phone in hand before I realized what that I was making another mistake. That they were just luring in me in for another round of failure. There's only so many times a fat kid can watch an infomercial about people getting ripped, no equipment, no anything, just you and the DVD before he'll cave. It's quite the nuisance. So what am I going to do? Save up my pennies and call in to buy it? Then what? I get it in a few days, do it once or twice, then quit? After spending 120$ on that? No thanks you. So, do I do P90X and just deal with the lack of a pull up bar, and take 90 days to get to my goals? Do I con my parents into buying ANOTHER workout DVD system? Do I decide to just make a 500 calorie deficit a day, then walk for an hour a day, thus making my calorie deficit of the week about 3500-7000 (not sure on how many calories are burned from an hour walking), or 2-4 lb. every two weeks? Or.. Do I take the easy path and do none of the above? I'm on my way to being a in sophomore high school, and I'm pretty sick of not being in shape the way I know I could be. I promised I'd do P90X for a simple reason - I thought I would. I thought I could. I wouldn't have said so otherwise. It's kind of a hard decision.

IDK. I guess leave your thoughts below? I dunno. Do what you feel is necessary in order for your selfish desire to be needed is fulfilled.

2 comments:

  1. do the P90X and continue to play basketball and baseball. Drink water instead of pepsi and watch those calories. You are young, so the weight will fall off of you this summer if you do those things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap someone jacked my account. i demand answers google!

    ReplyDelete